Thursday, April 16, 2009

Excerpt from e-mail from a friend. I adore getting his e-mails. Hilarious!

"...Oh and I camera caddied at Fashion Week, that in February too. Consisted of following a small Belgian man around backstage with a tripod over my shoulder like a media lumberjack, snagging crabcakes and trying to catch model's eyes. Spent a lot of time in the photographer pit at the end of the runway, trying to read war and piece and not get into arguments with Ukrainians. It's strange scene, those models really look better once the camera has added twenty pounds to them. No bounce. The male models I feel too bad for to even make fun of, given that ninety percent of the designers are small, balding gay men with expressive hands. I find myself missing it now, being part of such an enormously decadent enterprise. The audience was the part that really got me, so many cleancut, neatly dressed midwestern girls who work for department stores warming themselves at the creative flame of bigcity homosexuality...."

No comments:

Post a Comment