Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Some thoughts from hawaii....

1. Kids are hilarious. Yes, we already all know this. But, within a span of 30 minutes yesterday I saw 3 hilarious kid feats that just have to be documented.
  • Kid 1 tried 7 successive times to throw up a ball and kick it. Every single time he ran over the ball and into a dinner table where a couple was dining.
  • Kid 2 was holding his dad's hand and trying to be a dead weight on the beach path. Why was he trying to hold his dad back. Well, his chorus was, "We're lost. We're lost. We're lost."
  • Kid 3 turned a store front into her ocean. She hopped onto a rectangular piece of cardboard and began to surf. Oh yes, and waves were included. Up and down, jumping and ducking, falling of the board, no activity was ignored on this cardboard surfboard.
2. I am freaking clumsy. No this is not a surprise to most of you (or all of you). I have made 3 body parts swell and developed one welt while in hawaii...
  • Tripped over a ledge on Mt. Haleakala swelling the ankle
  • Popped out my knee bending over for a bottle of wine
  • Smashed my tow walking in the apt
  • Developed a welt on my back from god knows what that made my steady mom squeal "Oh my god maile what happened to you."
Like that was enough for my clumsiness quotient, I also broke my hat by ripping off the brim (photos to follow). Niiiiiice.

3. I just love this photo....



And yes my brother is wearing a muscle t-shirt in case you are wondering. He thinks its hilarious. He has actually bought two.....

More Hawaii updates to come. Stay tuned for "David and Goliath" and some awesome websites suggestions from Mark that I have taken way too long to post. (That is called a teaser ;) I'll keep you coming back. Muha.

1 comment:

  1. that photo WOULD follow a post entitled "you can have a smellier" : )

    ReplyDelete